The pantry seems like one of those places that you have to stay on top of, which I have not done...
I removed everything first from my fake shelves. I call them fake because I hate the wire shelves that seem to be standard in most new homes. I would love to have actual wood shelves. But I think I will save that project for another day because that alone might take me 21 days!!
I wiped down my shelves and then I vacuumed the floor. I gathered my baskets from around the house and got busy organizing. I threw out expired food and organized the rest into like piles. I then placed items back in...
I wanted to show you all the details, so I will start at the top shelf.
This is where I store light things, like cereal, whey protein and paper towels.
This is my favorite place with all the glass jars.
Here I am storing all my wheat, sugar, and salt.
Don't you love the labels? I do! I got them at The House of Smiths Designs.
And you are going to get a chance to win some of your own. More on that later...
The third shelf holds a basket for everything baking related
(baking soda, corn starch, choc. chips, etc.) and canned goods.
I have a little secret on how I made my risers for the canned goods...
Yep, I just used 2x4 boards. I priced plastic risers at Target for over $13 bucks.
And I thought, you know, I could just use some boards in the garage.
No one will ever know. Well, I guess except for all of you!! :)
On the fourth shelf I store my rice, pasta, and a basket for snack items.
On the floor of the pantry I have a basket for juice and water.
I also have a metal tiered basket for winter squash.
Last year I added a door organizing system.
I still love the extra storage it provides...
The top few shelves hold nuts, oats, bread crumbs, couscous,
quinoa, barely, and condiments.
The bottoms shelves hold broth, lunch sack and paper plates,
I love my newly organized pantry and I especially love all my new labels! But you know what gets me really excited? I get to giveaway some of these labels to one of you!!
**THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED**
The lovely Shelley at The House of Smiths Designs donated a set of pantry labels.
The lucky winner will receive one of each label: flour, sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar and salt. All the labels that are pictured above in Shelley's own pantry!
There are multiple ways to enter this giveaway....
1) Visit The House of Smiths Designs...then come back and leave a comment telling me you what is your favorite vinyl.
2) Stop by Shelley's blog and "Like" The House of Smith's on Facebook, or let me know that you do.
3) Link up to my 21 Days To A Clean Organized Home Series HERE, or let me know that you have.
5) " Like" me on Facebook ,or let me know that you do.
6) Become a friendly Follower of Inspiration For Moms ,or let me know that you are.
7) Follow me on Twitter, or let me know that you do.
8) Blog/Tweet about the giveaway. Make sure you come back and leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
This giveaway will end on midnight, Friday, January 27
and the winner will be announced on Saturday, January 28.