Do you love warm comfort food?
Then this is the recipe for you!
My family enjoyed every warm bite of this chicken goodness.
The best part..the biscuit of course! :)
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 potatoes chopped into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 store-bought biscuits
2) Heat the oil olive in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides. While the chicken is cooking, I chopped my veggies. (I don't peel my potatoes but feel free if that's what you prefer.)
4) Just before serving, add the peas, Dijon mustard, dill, and parsley into the slow cooker. Mix to combine and warm the peas through.
5) To serve, place a biscuit in each bowl, spoon the chicken mixture over the biscuit. Sprinkle a little dill on top if you like and then you dive in!
This is one feel good meal.
Delicious and sure to make it on to our menu again! :)
I Love To Link To:Skip To My Lou
Serendipity and Spice
Today's Creative Blog
Savvy Southern Style
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Shabby Nest
Tatertots and Jello
Organize and Decorate Everything
House of Hepworths
DIY Show Off
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
DIY Home Sweet Home
It's Over Flowing
Home Stories A to Z
The Southern Institute
Miss Mustard Seed