My easy popovers with honey butter are light, flaky and perfect for any meal. And did I mention, they only require five ingredients?!
One thing our family loves to eat with any tasty meal is warm bread. So when dinner time hits and I need to bake some delicious bread quick, my go-to recipe is always popovers with honey butter.
They can easily compliment any meal (dinner or breakfast) and there’s never (ever!) any leftover. So I’m pretty sure that means my family likes! 🙂
Why Popovers Are A Favorite…
The best thing about these popovers besides how scrumptious they are, is the fact they only require five ingredients! Basically kitchen staples – I’m willing to bet you five bucks – you already have in your kitchen. All you need is some flour, salt, eggs, milk and butter! So easy, right?
Tips for the Best Popovers
There are two tips I have discovered that will almost guarantee you a perfectly popped popover every time.
One is to let the milk/eggs mixture rest for the full 30 minutes. When you take some of the chill out of the eggs and milk, the popovers will puff more.
And two, be sure to preheat your pan for a full five minutes in the oven. Preheating the pan is step you don’t want to skip – trust me on this! If you are looking for a great pan, here are some of the best I’ve found:
Now if you’re worried because you don’t have a popover pan, you can use a standard-sized muffin pan. But just be aware, the popovers will be mini-popovers. Same great taste, just smaller.
Level Them Up with Honey Butter
You may be thinking the honey butter isn’t necessary. It is! In my personal opinion, it’s soooooo worth it. And you know, there’s only one way to find out if I’m right about that. 🙂
I hope your family loves this easy bread recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try – I’d love for you to share your feedback!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
And if you’re looking for even more bread recipes, be sure to check out these yummy recipes linked below:
10 Best Bread Recipes
Happy Happy Nester // Stuffed Italian Pizza Bread Recipe
Inspiration For Moms // Popovers with Honey Butter
Finding Lovely // Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Most Lovely Things // Brown Butter Banana Bread
My Sweet Savannah // Easy Homemade Breadsticks
Modern Glam // Crusty French Baguette Recipe
The DIY Mommy // Everything Bagel Focaccia Bread with Truffle & Honey
My 100 Year Old Home // Gluten Free Sourdough Banana Bread
Tatertots & Jello // The Easiest Cheesiest Keto Breadsticks
Twelve on Main // Easy No Knead Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted + extra butter for coating popover pan
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spoon floor into a dry measuring cup, level with knife. In a medium bowl combine measured flour and salt, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- Combine milk and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended, let stand for 30 minutes. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in melted butter.
- Place a 6 cup standard popover pan in the oven for 5 minutes. (Alternately, you can use a 12-cup muffin pan and make 10 mini popovers.)
- Carefully remove the popover pan from the oven and add 1 teaspoon of butter to each cup of the pan. Swirl the butter around the cups to grease the pan. Evenly divide the batter between the popover cups, filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the honey butter. Combine the 4 tablespoons butter and the honey.
- Serve the warm popovers immediately, topped with honey butter. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cook with Color Plastic Mixing Bowls with Lids - 12 Piece Nesting Bowls Set includes 6 Prep Bowls and 6 Lids, Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl Set (Gray Ombre)
Cook with Color 8 Piece Copper Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoon Set Stainless Steel with Soft Touch Silicone Handles, Nesting Liquid Measuring Cup Set or Dry Measuring Cups Set (Mint)
Chicago Metallic Professional 6-Cup Popover Pan, 16-Inch-by-9.25-Inch