Besides a finishing coat on a manicure, clear nail polish has many uses.
1) Extend the life of your jewelry. Paint a thin coat on your costume jewelry to help keep it looking bright and glossy.
2) Waterproofing matches. Soggy matches are a campers worst nightmare—besides scary animals. Paint the flammable tips with polish to make them waterproof.
3) Seal an envelope. When that flap refuses to stay glued down, find closure with polish.
4) Avoid rust stains in the bathroom. Place a coat of polish on the bottom of a shaving-cream can to fend off rings on the ledge of your tub.
5) Keep an eyeglass screw in place. If your specs get a little wobbly, tighten the screws and then top with a little polish to hold them in place.
6) Shoelace protector. Put a stop to unraveling and fraying laces. Dip the ends in polish.