We all know milk goes great with a bowl of cereal
Discover six new uses for milk that are completely lactose free! (Almost) 🙂
1) Remove ink stains. Soak ink stained clothing in a overnight milk-bath and then launder as usual.
2) Defrost your fish. Submerge a frozen piece of fish in a broad, shallow bowl of milk. Then refrigerate for 24 hours. The milk will help eliminate any frost-bite taste.
3) Soften your skin. Toss 1/2 cup of powdered milk into the tub as it fills with warm water. Your skin never felt so soft!
4) Repair cracked china. Don’t throw out grandmother’s cracked china just yet. Place the china in a pan and cover with milk, and bring to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes. The protein in the milk should meld most fine cracks.
5) Soothe your sunburn. If your skin has seen too much sun, try this milk paste for some relief. Mix one part powdered milk with two parts water and a pinch of salt. Then dab on the the burn.
6) Sweeten your corn. Add 1/4 cup powdered milk to the pot of boiling water before you toss in the corn. The milk will help the corn taste sweeter and fresher.
|All Image Credit|
Do you know of a new use for milk?