1) Dust a wreath. Place a wreath of pine-cones or faux evergreen in a paper bag with 1/4 cup of salt. Fold the top of the bag over and gently shake.
2) De-Ice Sidewalks. In a pinch, it can be used as a substitute for rock salt.
3) Remove dirt from leafy vegetables, such as spinach. Wash the vegetable in a bath of salt water.
4) Keep shells from cracking when boiling eggs. Add a few pinches of salt to the water.
5) Prevent frost from accumulating inside car windows. Rub the glass with a solution of 2 teaspoons salt in one gallon of hot water. Wipe dry.
6) Prevent sautes made with eggplant or zucchini from getting watery. Sprinkle salt on these vegetables before cooking.