Happy Monday to ya! Welcome to Day 11 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge.
Today I am going to share with you some useful tips on cleaning the bathroom.
The bathroom is an area that requires regular cleaning or
otherwise it gets really gross, really fast!
but keep it that way with just a few minutes of your day.
- fabric softener sheets (used)
- mildly abrasive cleaner
- baking soda
- white vinegar (some in spray bottle)
- table salt
- cream of tartar
- old toothbrush
- plastic bag
Tub, shower and sink:
- sprinkle baking soda on the surface of tub and sink, spray with white vinegar and scrub, rinse with hot water
- clean grout stains with lemon juice and 1 to 2 teaspoons cream of tartar, make paste and scrub with toothbrush, rinse
- clean all faucets of lime scale and mineral deposits with fresh lemon (cut in half, rub the pulp on the stains, then rinse)
- clean shower door with a used dryer sheet to remove soap scum
- clean shower head of mineral deposits with a plastic bag filled with diluted vinegar, place the bag over the head so it’s submerged, secure with rubber band and soak over night, then scrub with toothbrush to clean
- add 1/4 cup chlorine bleach to toilet bowl, let set, then brush with toilet brush
- remove hard water stains by pouring table salt directly on the stain, then squeeze lemon juice onto toilet brush and scrub
Simple techniques for keeping your bathroom clean
in just mere minutes a day are:
- Clean your shower while you are showering…it’s the best multi-tasking tip I can give~
- One-minute wipe down. After you shower, take a terry-cloth towel and wipe down the tub and faucets to remove soap scum and prevent mineral deposits.
- Squeegee that shower clean. Take 30-seconds and squeegee the shower walls and doors (if you have them). If you have a curtain, don’t forget to pull it closed or water will sit in the folds.
- Fight mildew by simply opening a window. Open the window for 30 minutes after you shower to increase air circulation and light. No window? Turn on the fan during and after your shower.
- Wipe down the sink. Before you leave your bathroom, grab a cloth and wipe down the sink, the faucet and the counter.
If you try my cleaning tips,
your bathroom will be clean in record time
and will stay that way with minimal effort.
Got any great tips on cleaning your bathroom? Or secrets to keeping your bathroom clean?
Share them in the comments below.