Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Aveeno through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Aveeno all opinions are my own.
Now that I’m a mom of two boys, I have little time for myself. There are some days I find it’s just easier to skip my whole makeup routine. You may be thinking, “Laura, are you crazy? Leave home with no makeup?” I do it and you can too. After all, isn’t makeup just a tool to enhance your natural beauty?! Being beautiful is easy to do, no matter how busy you are, when you make a few small changes to your daily routine. Here are my six tips for looking beautiful without makeup.
1. Drink often. No, not martinis. Water. Water can do more for your beauty than any makeup product you can buy! I try to drink at least five 8oz glasses of water a day. Water keeps my skin supple and gives me a natural dewy glow. No highlighter needed to get this effect! I’ve also heard that drinking a cup of hot water with fresh lemon first thing in the morning can help your complexion by purifying your body from the inside out. I think I’m going to start doing this too! 🙂
2. Sleep. It’s called “beauty sleep” for a reason. During deep sleep our cells renew themselves. So a lack of quality sleep leaves skin looking dull. I generally try to get about seven hours of sleep now that Britton is sleeping through the night.
3. Moisturize. Love your moisturizer ladies. When sensitive skin is unbalanced it can cause irritation and redness. To soothe my skin, I use AVEENO® ULTRA-CALMING® DAILY MOISTURIZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15. This moisturizer always feels light on my face and absorbs fast. The ULTRA-CALMING® collection uses Feverfew, an ingredient related to Chamomile. Feverfew has been known for its unique ability to restore balance to irritated skin and reveal its natural beauty. And don’t forget, sunscreen is SUPER important too! Luckily this moisturizer has SPF15 which helps prevent wrinkles and sagging skin.
4. Exfoliate. Get your scrub on. One of the easiest ways to give your face a nice natural glow is to gently exfoliate your skin. I use a facial cleanser with my face cleaning brush 2-3 times a week. This quickly removes dead skin cells that can dull my skin and lead to acne breakouts. I’m almost 40 ladies; I don’t have time for blemishes! 😉
5. Don’t touch. No hands on the face. Easy to say, hard to do? I know. I have caught myself pulling and tugging on my face while I’m on the computer. Not good. The facial skin is delicate. So no picking, rubbing, or resting hands on the face and adding unnecessary oils.
6. Groom. Brows be shaped. The right brow shape can really frame your face and complement your best features. I get my eyebrows waxed every three-four months and instantly notice a difference. Find a shape that suits you best and you will be more beautiful in an instant.
What’s your best tip for looking beautiful without makeup?